Sunday, May 15, 2011

Chile Rellenos Redux


Today has been a beautiful day already.  We met at the Lazy Mule Saloon (well the others did) and launched from the museum.  Met a great MD and his wife who invited us to sit a spell on the back porch of his ranch and had fun with the happy couple who celebrated their nuptials by going on a flight.

Then it was trying to decide if I wanted to go to Bellville (down 36), or Chappell Hill Cafe (290)?  Tried the Harris County Smokehouse which has a great breakfast and all were busy.  So I want home and made chile  rellenos.  

This chile relleno has homemade picadillo and cheese sitting on a home made ranchera sauce with roasted organic tomatoes, roasted garlic, onions and a kiss of cilantro.  Home made refried beans with no lard.  The plate is small, which Bob E. should really like.  "Portion Control" is his mantra.  I really need to practice it.

PS: I got a bunch of plates for my birthday.  Special thanks to my family for these.  

No comments:

Post a Comment