Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dinner Today

[iPhone Image]
I went to Java Java Cafe for breakfast this morning and I did not want to go out again today.  What I want to do is start watering my lawn and watch Film Noir movies.  Plus I wanted to eat a little healthier as well. 

Soup

Homemade chicken soup in the refrigerator  made with rotisserie chicken. Most of the stock was made from the carcass, adding a little organic low sodium stock.  Tomatoes, garlic, onions and other veggies I found that struck my fancy, went in the pot.  Bay leaf and other spices gave it a nice subtle flavor. Finished it with cilantro and smoked salt flakes.  

Sandwich

This is where I went a little bad.  Toasted Sourdough with a layer of cream cheese (light and spreadable with chives), some olive mash and sliced boiled eggs. Rounded the entire thing with a iced homemade jasmine tea-should take care of some free radicals.

[iPhone Image]
This morning I went to Java Java Cafe. I trudged in like I normally do, a Startbucks' venti cup in hand.  Today they let me taste their Southern Pecan Coffee and it was good.  This is their Border omelete-it did not have pickled jalapeno chiles, so I loved it.  Gawd I love their potatoes.   I drove from Katy to The Heights for this.



No comments:

Post a Comment