Saturday, July 2, 2011

Gary Moore

Tried to find my way downtown yesterday morning to no avail.  I am like brain dead when it comes to downtown Houston.  I was a little under the weather so Dale's text message asking if I was down there literally woke me up.  Figured I'd try a drive-by on the way to breakfast.   Gary Moore and his team were out there in 1,000 degree heat.  This is my first special shape.

[Digital Image]
The Po-Po had all of the streets I tried blocked off due the Houston's  July 4th, "Freedom Over Texas" Festival.  Though, truth be told, some were very helpful.

[Digital Image]
This is what I saw when I parked the car on a turnout on Memorial Drive across from the Houston Police Officer's Memorial.  A lone police car, standing vigil for fallen comrades.  I am going to go back and visit this soon.


[Digital Image]

[35mm Film Scan FujiColor 200 ISO]



My Hosts.  I really wish I would have been able to get there earlier or better yet-yesterday. I would have loved to take more photos.  They just kept cracking me up.  Balloonists are just such cool people.

[35mm Film Scan FujiColor 200 ISO]


Finally, on the way home, after telling them how I don't drink, I got a 6-pack of this.  Not too bad.  Now calculating how many calories I can save by binging on this.  (Joking).

[35mm Film Scan FujiColor 200 ISO]
Note, I used FujiColor ISO 200 instead of the 400 I like best.  I also used no filters on the Canon IV HS film camera.  I should have done that too.  Oh if only I'd gotten there earlier....

No comments:

Post a Comment