Tuesday, June 15, 2010

107 - A New Balloon

Took my normal route to work today looking forward to my first stop at Starbucks.  About half way,  I saw a balloon flying overhead so I made a small detour.   I did not know this balloon so I sent a picture to Captain (now also Professor) Dale's wife, Laura.  She too could not identify it.  So we figure this beauty was from out of town.  Maybe they will come visit the Lone Start Hot Air Balloon Association's get together tomorrow.  As long as I was taking images, I took the liberty of taking a short video as well.

Update: Laura has done a little more research and it seems this may belong to Rowdy Smith of McKinney, and that he has very much earned his name.  "Everyone has a story about him."  Gonna have to meet him.

I took this with my FujiFilm point and shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment