Saturday, July 10, 2010

132 - Huevos Rio Grande Valley (Revisited)

Last Saturday I made my first honest attempt at duplicating Silvia's famous Rio Grande Valley sauce.  This morning I had the opportunity of refining it a little bit more.  Today I made the sauce a bit wetter and the flavor a little more subtler.  I also poached the eggs.

I start with a ranchera sauce which is more of a tomato sauce and not a hot salsa (although I love heat!)  I cheated and used canned tomatoes (fire roasted) but everything else was fresh.  Well except for the scallions and bacon on the potatoes. Stole that from MS. Glenda.  Note to self: Post about the jelly she made out of her grapes.

Anywho, I am to the point where next weekend (If we don't fly) I will have a real recipe.  I remember my grandmother cooking.  She would always throw this in and that in. I would ask her how much and she would answer, "sufficiente."

No comments:

Post a Comment