Sunday, July 18, 2010

140 - Kemah

Today I got up early and went to the Kemah Boardwalk.  The purpose was to take a picture to be used in the entryway of my home.  I have finally started putting up my pictures.  I got there at 8:30. All the places to park are now "valet parking" zones so I had to park further away since like always I am not carrying cash.  It was hot and muggy.

 [Scan 35mm Fujicolor C-41 Processed]

To me this was a personal achievement because I got there on my own.  I have never done that before.  Patty said I should leave the house at 6:15 and she was right (she will call me to have me say this to her out loud!)  I left at 7:30.  They have made changes to NASA Road 1, but the traffic was very light.


This is my navigation rig on the seat and floor of the GP.  That blue dot is where I was located at the time the image was taken.  Please pull over before using electronic devices when driving.  I actually did not need it to get there since the route was easy to remember-even for an old man.

 

I look like such a stud with all that gear!   If I were really good like Sean Mahoney all I would have needed was my iPhone-but it was in my left-hand pants pocket.  What you can't see is how wet my shirt is. 

Bottom line, "Did I get the picture?"  Yes, I think so.  But that will be another day's post...

No comments:

Post a Comment