Saturday, April 17, 2010

48 - My Babies...

Two old and haggard collars.  They mean the world to me.  These were the first collars we bought for the babies-the center of my universe.
 
We lost Tyler's litter mate, Sidney, a few years ago.  Since then, there's been a emptiness in our hearts. I kept talking to Patty about my feeling poor-little-ol'-me.   Tyler will be 14 in June with is old for a 60 pound dog.  One day in January 2009, Patty called to tell me we were going out to lunch.  She came over with a small travel kennel.  I said, "Oh you got me a puppy!!!" to which she replied, "No, I got you two.  I picked the girl, but the boy just went crazy."  They had that wonderful puppy breath.

*LOL* That's how we got Tyler and Sidney.  We were living in California then and went just to look at Petsmart.  She saw Sidney and fell in love.  Then she looked at Tyler and fell in love again.  She was all wet from playing with the water bowl.  Tyler is the name of the street the Petsmart was located on.  They were called collectively "The Puppies."

The babies are both black with white markings.  So we decided to name the boy, Domino (aka Dom-Dom) and Onyx (aka Baby Girl) and known collectively as "The Babies."  They are the most loving and giving puppies you will ever have the good fortune of knowing. They are still wild and crazy.  Notice how little the collars are??  They were about 3.5 pounds when I got them.
[Scan FujiFilm 35mm]

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pictures of the babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on writing up a little more about our household. You can find them on "The Crews" page.

    ReplyDelete