Friday, April 2, 2010

They Call Me Obsessive...

They call me obsessive for good reason.   Tomorrow at Oh-dark-thirty we are heading to Bellville, Texas for the Annual Pre-Easter Fly-in and Tailgate Breakfast Party!  The bluebonnets are starting to bloom, so I will start shooting them as well. We will be among friends who love hot air balloons!  We are expecting 10+ hot air balloons to be there. Horray for the Lone Star Hot Air Balloon Association!

Today I'm getting ready.  Plan B, if something happens to Tom is drive the Grand Prix so it has been topped off, washed and ready to go.  I have laid out the photo equipment I am taking, cleaning, charging, and packing it all into the travel case.   Laptop goes in backpack.

The plan is at 5:30 Tom gets to my home and we eat a quick breakfast (thinking of a Florentine-Benedict).  At 6, we hit Starbucks for our coffee order (our contribution to the cause).  Stop by the bakery for breakfast items for the tailgate party and onto the I-10.

Equipment I am currently planning on taking include:

Canon T90 w/ 24mm lens
Canon EOS w/ 24-105mm Macro Zoom
Nikon D70 70-300mm Zoom (28-70 backup)
Mamiya RZ67 w/ 100-200mm Zoom (120/220  backs, 180mm lens)
Manfroto Tripod
10 rolls 135  (FujiColor and Kodak)
6 rolls 120 (Kodak Portra)
6 rolls  220(Kodak Portra)
1 Pack Polaroid 669 Film
2 Roll Ilford
Seconic L758DR
Pentax  Spotmeter
Notepad (photo notes)

The goal is to shoot all the 135 and a lot of the MF.  Miss Glenda, my mother-in-law wants large prints for her dining room and I think it is such a good idea I want to put some in mine.
[iPhone Image]

No comments:

Post a Comment