Saturday, March 13, 2010

Clock as a Metaphor


 I walked around the house today at sunset making a mental note of all the clocks and watches I need to change before I go to bed tonight.  Tomorrow morning I am crewing on Chameleon and have been told there should be a bunch of balloons launching from the same location which will be exciting.  I am going to chase and retrieve as well.  When I reached this one, it hit me that it is a metaphor for my life. It too has been standing still for almost three years and today I decided I needed to take control.  So I went into my cupboard and found "the bag" with all the batteries in it and replaced it.  I cleaned it and set the time.  Now it is clean and running like a timepiece should.  Too bad fixing my life is not that easy!

I told you that my kitchen is an homage to cows.  And you can also see my pretty new walls-thanks Mr. Navarro.

No comments:

Post a Comment